cereal ??

my sons pediatrician recommended I put a little bit of infant cereal in his bottle because he spits up often and is eating a large amount for his age. She said it should help the spitting up and keep him fuller longer. I know there will be some moms that are opposed to this and thats fine. I did the same with my 4 year old due to acid reflux and he is perfectly healthy. My question is how much cereal should I put in the bottle? I don't remember and I forgot to ask the doc.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 12:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our pediatrician told us, 1 tsp for ever 2 oz. (we do the same for our little one)
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had to do that for both my daughters because they would have projectile vomit. Pediatrician said not and my mom told me to and I did it. My daughters were very healthy chubby babies. Since then all my nephews have had similar issues or really bad gas and my sis and sils did the same and all the babies are healthy and eating better. AWESMER828 has the right measurements but you may need to adjust according to your baby.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• 1 tablespoon to every 4 oz...is what my pedi told me...but it depends on the baby and the pedi...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010