Do you know the website for government help?

Because there is so much controversy and misunderstanding and confusion, I thought I would provide the actual website so people could read up on what the government offers and the qualifications for such. It is www.govbenefits.gov. Maybe it will help not only educate yourself, but help other people!

KnoxvilleDoula

Asked by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in About CafeMom

• *high five*

Thank you oh so much.
    I don't like it when people assume things about me just because I get government assistance =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Good luck with this but I believe some people just have their mind made up about people on assistance. Some people arnt willing to open their hearts or minds.
    Thank you
    Anonymous

• i don't really care about the ones who have their mind made up... just passing it on to those who might need help or have wondered how it works. it's actually quite a process and it saddens me when there are people who don't receive help because they are intimidated, don't know how to read, or are so afraid of the stigmas attached to it they would prefer to starve... and that does happen, read the newspapers.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008