If a man is not good in bed does that make you shy away from a potentially great relationship otherwise?

My friend will go through men like toilet paper and says she won't stay if they are not "good" in bed.

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 12:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• That's a crap excuse. Being "good in the sack" isn't an accurate way to choose a life-long partner. CONNECTING on a deeper level is a more accurate way of finding a mate. Sex is just "the show" in my opinion. You shouldn't base your relationships how on good he is in bed.

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Um...maybe,,,sorry. I have been around the block too many times. Passion in bed equals an amazing caring mate to me. I need him to focus in that damn bed if Im going to put up with the rest of his crap till he is 90! lol..going anon here,,,

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sex is a huge part of a relationship. If the sex isn't good, the relationship suffers, and it's hard (err- difficult) to teach a man how to be good in bed; I've tried!

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yep. I was sleeping with my DH long before we ever even thought about being friends or more... Had the sex sucked, we never would have made it to the "friend" level let alone more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I married for great sex the first time around and he ended up cheating on me because he was so into having great sex with everybody else too, lol. My current husband has other more stable and trustworthy traits. Great sex would be nice but I am doing ok without it.

Answer by getrealmama at 12:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sex has to be a major contributor. Men are more sexual beings by nature....notice how after a fight they are always horny? It's not truly over for them and they don't truly feel loved again until you consummate the end of the argument! Boring sex = boring relationship = looking else where for that closeness.

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes!! Although with my SO, for the first time ever for me I fell in love with him as a person and was NEVER physically attracted to him whatsoever until I fell for him. We were friends first!

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can always get a sex toy to make up the different.

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sex is a huge part of a relationship but for the most part I feel that both partners can be taught what the other likes & how to do it the way they like

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010