How would you feel if your SO/DH refered to you as his "old lady"?

DH never has done this (yet :[...better not ever do it) but I hear some men say it a lot and I think it is distastful and degrading (personally only).

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 12:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that it means he loves you, as in hes looking forwerd to be spending the rest of his life with you. Even if you two arnt old yet..lol But at the same time it might hurt your feelings if your sensitve, like being called old. My fiancee called me his old lady one day and i said "argh I'm old" then i took the time to think about it after he told me, "Yea Baby I love you and I want you forever, your my old lady." We both laughed after-werds cause where only 19. But I guess age is with the soul. Hope this helped.
    shesuss

Answer by shesuss at 1:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I DON'T MIND I CALL HIM MY VUEJO SPANISH FOR OLD MAN AND HE CALLS ME VIEJA SPANISH FOR OLD LADY...a lot of spanish ppl say it...lol and we only 26 and 27 lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• mine calls me that all the time. i don't have a problem with it. he's using in a good way.
    clctalking

Answer by clctalking at 12:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Dont care. As long as he doesn't refer to me as bitch or ho, he won't find my fist in his face for it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• DH knows he wouldn't survive to say another word. I may be a lady, but I am not old! NO matter what my age.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If you know the man and his background it can actually be a term of major respect! There was a time when I wished that SO would call me that years ago.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• mine has never said such a thing
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• LOL I wouldn't care...I tell him all the time I'm glad his ex's were idiots cuz now i get to be his "old lady" but its a running joke for us because he's 18 years older than me...
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was dating a guy who was 8 years older than me when I was 21. He called me his "old lady". I thought it was pretty funny especially with the age difference but it didn't bother me.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I laugh because he never means it in a derogatory way.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010