So who is to blame when it comes to bullying to the point of suicide or death?

The victim for shutting up and taking it, or the bully who continues to do it?

I see alot of people on here blaming the victim, as always, and I'm thinking....WAKE UP! Not everyone is that strong! Not everyone knows how to stand up for themselves! Not everyone can escape the tourment! So maybe it's time for other people to stand up for the little person.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the main bully who continues to do it...though that doesn't make suicide okay either.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• THE BULLY!!!! I mean really? are people still that stupid and clueless? they have new laws now against bullying, that should tell them something.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• even with the most timid child, if the bullying escalates to a certain point any parent with a clue would report it and than it becomes the principals responsibility.... not that it was'nt in the first place.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• OK so a child kills himself and we blame the dead child...let me get this so someone gives amo to a CHILD by ridiculing him and belittler him and are system blames are dead child...are you out of your damn mind...is this country now filled with morons how in the name of god would we ever blame the victim...so if a woman gets rape lets blame her cuz she is a woman if a child gets abuse lets blame the child cuz he was in the wrong spot at the wrong time...wow GIVE ME A BREAK AND WHOEVER BLAMES THE DEAD CHILD IS A HEARTLESS FUCK...THE KILLER IS THE BULLY NOT THE THE VICTIM...this is why the victim's now a days dont get the justice needed cuz too many ass hole point the finger at them...THIS IS BULL SHIT...grow the hell up and take responsibility for your own damn actions... BULLY'S NEED A BIGGER ASS HOLE TO COME ALONG AND GET THEM OFF THAT DAMN HIGH SHIT ASS HORSE THEY IN...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• WOO INK!!!
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Its definitely the bully's fault. As well as any adult who was aware of the situation but did nothing.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 2:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think Ink said it perfectly
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The bully and the adults who allowed it to go on without stopping it.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• They bully, and, by extension, the parents of the bully. Also, that accountability starts from the very first incident that the parent writes off as "boys will be boys" or "it's just kid stuff". It's not like little Timmy gets to go around terrorizing others for 2 years and only after someone ends up hospitalized or dead can Timmy's mommy get to say what he did was wrong. What he did was wrong every single time it happened and he wasn't taught not to do it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• IMO...I think a child or young adult who chooses to commit suicide for ANY reason has had a HISTORY of depression--whether treated/addressed or not. And WHERE would such a young child first experience that depression? In this case, for a young adult to want to kill himself over being caught in a "compromising" situation and embarrassed, means he was likely shamed by his family or didn't feel he could tell his family, and this incident was enough to put him over the edge.

I was picked on mercilessly as a child for a number of things--many of which I had no control over, and I never considered suicide as a way out. I instead turned my sadness into something productive (which meant lots of successes) to SHOW people I was better than they for treating me so badly!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010