Are you able to control your temper?

I have a lethal temper. I rarely use it but when I do I can sometimes forget and go too far and say horrible things I really do not mean. I am afraid to get angry so I do everything I can to remedy the problem before I loose control. My children have seen me loose it only once with their Father about 5 yrs ago. Since being with my new DH I haven't lost it once.

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 1:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I love the willingness to talk about something very few want to discuss, but I have to be brutally honest here. Where is the personal responsibility? 4 28, you say you didn't lose it during your divorce because you didn't want the judge to think you were crazy, but that only tells me that you are ABLE to control yourself, you just needed a motivator. You aren't giving yourself the credit you deserve! You CAN control yourself! Way to go!! iNk, I love your 'tude in other posts I've seen of yours. You got spunk, baby! But, I have to disagree with you here. It's not other people pissing you off, it's you, and YOUR responsiblity. If a man hits a woman and then tells her she made him so mad that he hit her, does it make him any less liable? No. Anger is the same thing. It is a form of control over another person and also a shield for us. Anger is abuse. I'm not pointing a finger, I'm asking everyone with anger probs to consider it.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i also have quite a temper...so u are certainly not alone. lol
    and almost always during times that ppl loose their cool they say things they dont mean...im actually interested in how u have learned to contain urself...since ive been pregnant this time...ive been been bitchzilla (excuse my french)to my fiance...complete lack of any patience what-so-ever...what do u do...to keep it cool???
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 1:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes! I have come to realize recently that my SO brings out the worst in me! He has made me soooo extremely angry that to the point that I times I honestly wished and hoped for his death.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• when i get mad i dont think (landed me in jail with a felony charge...but thank god it got dropped) but what can i say i am a nice person i go out of my way for ppl if they need me dont live on the free train i do my part and the part of others...so if i feel like i am not getting threw imma make you hear me...what makes me mad is when i dont get the value of what i am and it is one thing that makes me explode...if i do all i do for the love of god appreciate it...is that too much to ask...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• try walking, a hot bath or a step outside before you get to that point. I noticed I get like that when I am not taking care of myself like I should.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i hate when they want to start something then shit themselves when i release the demons inside me...and if i ask for space or walk away why in the name of god would you follow me...??? i give ppl the rope if they chose to hang themselves thats not my problem...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• In our case its my DH who controls his until i calm myself.but even mine is not that fatal(I think)
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• that at times
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My SO say im a fire cracker. Dynamite comes in small packages. But in the past year I have learned to mellow out. My stress and temper was taking a toll on my health. I dont want to age to quickly or die to young So Ive learned to not let things get the best of me and focus all that energy on more positive things. But i have one mean Italian dad so I definitley have a temper!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nope, no temper and it drives me crazy when I really need to have one, My mechanic had my car all day yesterday. I dropped it off at 8am and he called me to come get it at 5pm....I walked a mile back and forth to his shop. He forgot to fix my passenger seat belt yesterday. I went back up tonight, he told me to come back at 4pm and he didnt have enough time to install it tonight. ANY frickin normal person would have exploded on his sorry butt,,,but me,,,where is my anger,,where is my being assertive and getting in his face and demanding service now. Hate this part of seeing me without a backbone,,,,its just hard sometimes
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010