has this happen to your dog? yelping for no good reason?

my brothers dog keeps yelping for no reason when hes sitting or laying around and just yelps at the weirdest times ... and we kinda think its artheritis hes 9 years old .. and hes a beagle .. if this happen to your dog please let me know the ending result of what happened ? thanks

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pets

• I would check out the dog wisperers' site and ask him..
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• why?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Our dog was doing this. We tried to pin point any triggers--they were a bit vague! and then took her into the vet. She is now on ...darn, the bottle is far away, but an over the counter pain killer (tylenol? advil? asperin? cant recall which). She too is 9 and needs to loose a bit of weight and that pill 1x a week has stopped the random yelping--the vet thought a bit of a nerve pinch.
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 1:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My old dog, Brindle (grayish Shih Tzu), use to do that at the door. We'd look out and there would be nobody. She wouldn't do it too often, but every once in a while. Idk.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It could definantly be arthritis it may be time for a visit to the vet and have x-rays done. I do have a dog that will yelp for no good reason and she is starting to get arthritis in her hips but the yelping as been going on since she was a pup. She is a wimpy dog and startles easily if you bump into her and she is not expecting it she yelps.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sounds like maybe he is experiencing some pain. Yelping would be no different than someone saying ouch when they hurt. I would have him checked out by the vet.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You brother's beagle could be yelping from pain. Beagles have long backs and are prone to degenerative disc disease. We had beagles when I was growing up and they would seemingly yelp for no reason when a disc was going bad.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 3:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010