Lullaby?

Who would come up w a baby song that talks about...when the boul breaks the cradle will fall...... Thats just mean! And scary poor babys!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol i always thought the same thing
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree. However, I might be wrong, but I believe this song was not originally developed as a lullaby but as some sort of coded political satire. Now I am going to go google it.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Seriously. I have always wondered that too. And ring around the rosie is about the plague...how disturbing is that. I always found Mother Goose slightly morbid as well.....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• lol, I was thinkin about that the other day too. Who comes up with lullabies like that? o_O
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• now I cant respond cause it wont be a secret anymore.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Oh hey it is a secret!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• From Wiki:
    Yet another theory has it that the lyrics, like the tune "Lilliburlero" it is sung to, refer to events immediately preceding the Glorious Revolution. The baby is supposed to be the son of James VII and II, who was widely believed to be someone else's child smuggled into the birthing room in order to provide a Catholic heir for James. The "wind" may be that political "wind" or force "blowing" or coming from the Netherlands bringing James' nephew and son-in-law, William III of England, a.k.a. William of Orange, who would eventually depose King James II in the revolution. The "cradle" is the royal House of Stuart.[4]
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2010