today is my husbands b-day,i need have no idea what to do for him. i want to make him an icecream cake, any body have a recipe? i am on a little budget. please help with any ideas

my husband is a home body, also we have kinda been on the outs for awhile, so i kinda want to break the mood.

manicmama2

Asked by manicmama2 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Entertainment

• I don't have a real recipe for an ice cream cake but this is what I do, soften two flavors of ice cream, I use choc and vanilla, crush one pkg of oreos in the food processor, put down a layer of one ice cream, then a layer of cookies, then some hot fudge sauce, freeze, then put on the other ice cream, freeze and then put on a container of cool whip on top, swirl some extra fudge on the top if you like, freeze till firm.... when ready to serve let it sit out a bit.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 11:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Ice cream cakes are easy...just bake two layers (round or square) and fill with ice cream instead of frosting. You can frost the outside, or just use whipped cream (flavored with vanilla, espresso, or cocoa) and put the whole thing in the freezer. Take it out about 10-15 min before you're ready to serve.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008