Snoring husbands (aahh!)

How do you deal without earplugs (because you have little ones to listen for)..so how do you sleep? Nudging only works sometimes..if I can get him to move without waking him up i'm good for a while until I can pass out...but gahh..thank god for being half deaf..cause then I can block it out of one ear by laying on the other side..lmbo.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 1:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby is pretty darn "obedient" in sleep, I just tell him to roll over and usually that puts it to an end long enough to let me get back to sleep :). There are lots of other things I have seen in the Dr.s office though.
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 1:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ive heard that the nose strips work well...also snore stop...anything is worth a try...i just nudge and say...babe stop snoring...it works for small amts of time...lol but i say it a hundred times a night...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 1:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A few times nudging and moving him in his sleep doesn't work and i've had to yell at DH and go "Mark, stop snoring! really!" lol. He'd go "huh?" roll over and go to sleep and then it'd be okay for a little while.
    SparklingHope

Comment by SparklingHope (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My concern is his safety. Does he ever "stop breathing" or wake up coughing and coughing? This is a classic sign of sleep apnea. I have it really bad and if it weren't for my cpap machine, I probably would have died in my sleep. Is he tired all the time, even though he "sleeps 6-8 hours per night? Please, if you said yes to any of those questions, get him in to the dr. right away for a sleep study! It doesn't hurt and could save his life - not to mention your marriage! GL!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Roll him over; always works for me =)
    tinys_wifey

Answer by tinys_wifey at 1:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've been trying to figure this one out since I had my baby 10 months ago! I still haven't found the right answer. I fall asleep with him in our bed but wake up on the couch...I feel terrible cuz I know he can't help it...but gosh it ,makes me so annoyed with him
    cclvsj

Answer by cclvsj at 3:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• mine doesn't snore or may be I 'm dead tired to listen to him snoring
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't really have an answer, but I have lived with it over 20 years and have 4 kids that I "listened" for.... still am cuz the babe is only 4. I complained early on to my Mom... when I had only 1 child. A few days later she handed me a comic strip and told me it was my answer to the snoring problem. Can't remember it exactly, but the jist of it was a woman complaining about her husband... the older woman, replied she WISHED she had that problem, for she was a widow, and her husbands snoring was like music to her and put her to sleep, now it was too quiet. I started thinking like that..... and I live in a WHOLE house of people that snore. INCLUDING the 4 year old asleep beside me right now! :) Got stuck in a town 40 miles away last winter, snowstorm. Slept in a hotel by myself. DIDN'T sleep a wink without my snoring family.....
    Katherine R.

Answer by Katherine R. at 7:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've learned to deal with it. I either cover my head with my pillow or I sleep on the couch.

I think your husband should go to the doctor and see if he has anything wrong with his sinuses and nasal passages. There's a machine that is able to force air through the nose to help prevent snoring. There's a facial mask attached to it. My husband was given one by the Navy shortly before he got out; he was diagnosed with hypopnea (a milder form of apnea). When he wears it, the snoring subsides a LOT.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• babylove - i've actually listened for stuff like that before, but no he snorts a little..that's about it. :)
    SparklingHope

Comment by SparklingHope (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010