Mother goose?

I have to change some of the words in the poems/stories. Now adays kids take things so literally. Plus my girls think everything is a cus word like shut up or stupid! What do you think is bad and do you change anything about old stories or songs?

mymestey

Asked by mymestey at 1:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in

• I don't recall having to do that with my boys. Could you give some examples?
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't change words in old stories or songs. Brothers Grimm fairy tales are a great example of how words have change, and books like Paddington, and some Rudyard Kipling stories too.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nope i dont have to change words..
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I can't think of any nursery rhymes that have cuss words in them. What nursery rhymes are you talking about?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• none of my nursery rhymes have cuss words in them either
    YUMMYNANA25152

Answer by YUMMYNANA25152 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't change words. I would also like to know what nursery rhymes have cussing in them
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 8:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I sing slightly different words to Rock-a-bye Baby. I sing "I will catch Baby, cradle and all" instead of "Down will come Baby, cradle and all."
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• no not really oi never noticed that they thought they were violent.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• She said her girls think everything is a cuss word, not that the nursery rhymes have cuss words.

I kinda know what you mean about some of the rhymes. Like the old lady who lived in a shoe who had so many children she didn't know what to do ... so she spanked them and put them to bed. Kind of mean, I think. But I didn't really read nursery rhymes to my kids. Didn't really ever like them.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 11:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010