Are you an optimist or pessimist?

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? And do you think you are this way because it's just the way you were born? or due to your environment growing up? or something else?

diana131

Asked by diana131 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if i am in a good mood it half full is i am in one os my nasty moods i rather tip the cuz and just say its empty...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Depends on the day...lol
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 2:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Pessimist. It's a side effect of my life path decision to join law enforcement.

Always expect the worst and you'll never be caught off guard.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• depends on the situation...i try to be optimistic
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 3:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm a pessimist, I like to think I live in reality...lol My DH's is an optimist, so together we're 3/4 full!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I strive to be an optimist but sometimes realist is what you have to accept.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I guess most people would call me a pessimist, but I think I'm actually just more of a realist. I have no problem facing the reality of a situation, even if that reality isn't rainbows and butterflies. Some people don't like to hear that--they'd rather just believe that things are good, even if they aren't. I think it's a coping mechanism some people naturally have. However, I'm not so cynical that I can't realize the potential for a good outcome if there actually is one. I don't like to be around people who are so negative that they complain about everything and can't EVER see the good stuff in life. Does that make sense?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm an incurable optimist ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010