Would you be upset?

if you were a SAHM of 2. SO is gone nearly every day for work(6-7days a week). long hours every day. sometimes out of town for a week at a time, for work. then he gets a weekend off, and his sister asks if our DD can go stay the night with her DD. he says yes without talking to you. then a few days later informs you that he too will be going to his sisters over night.

you, as the SAHM never get out of the house, because hes always gone with the car. you are always with the kids, never get a break, and here he is taking off again. (and leaving you with no car)

would you be upset?

*and no, hes not going just trying to give you a break, because he is still leaving one of the kids at home, with you)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• ummmmmmm yes i would...i think i would be so upset that people across town will know...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would pack up both kids (both or none) to stay @ his sisters and take kids and DH there and drop them off. I would keep the car and go out and have some fun....then a quiet night at home for me! Yay!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yes. but I would probably talk to him about it or do what babylove said...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, I'd be upset. Everybody needs a break. You,your husband and your kids. If you can get a family member to watch the kids, take the bus where you need to go. You need adult conversation and time to do stuff for you. Make yourself happy first, then you can make your family happy. let your husband know that things have got to change, drop him at work and take the car, whatever change you have to make to get some happiness in YOUR life.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My girls are 6 and 8 and I dont let them stay at friends houses yet. But when family has them over its both or none. I like dnt like them to be seperated.at least not yet. and as for your hubby I would be wondering Y he a married man is staying at his sisters? Id be pissed at the whole situation.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• butt kicking time!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i wouldpack the whole family up the dog and all lol and take then to the sister and i would have some me time
    amy203

Answer by amy203 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If he doesn't take both kids then I'd say he better not go. And if he does then I get to go outta town for 4days by myself or with my girlfriends (whatever I'm in the mood for) or we get seperated until he understands the value of what family time is and what "giving me a break" means. I'd also call the sister and tell her she better back up, cuz she's invading my time with my husband and holidays are coming up so its a bad time to cause family problems
    cclvsj

Answer by cclvsj at 3:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes of course I would be upset, and you have every right to be, the worst part is he isnt communicating with you at all, thats the most important part of a relationships, making decisions about the children without discussing it together and then advising you of the plans and that he is going also is just unacceptable to me. Did you even get an invite? whether you would go or not.....doesnt even matter. Both of you need some me time, but this isnt the way to go about it..... I dont think this is the sisters problem either, I think it is him that needs to be dealt with and he is the one that made the decision to say yes and you are in the relationship with him not her.

I dont know how long you guys have been married, but you need to take a stand about this or it will only get worse.....I wish my husband would do something like that, God help him.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Upset? NO
    I'd be furious!
    He can keep his butt home and hang out with me. Or better yet, take me out somewhere. Time for a little heart to heart with him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010