Were you ever bullied at school?

Since bullying is becoming a growing concern, I want to know how many mamas were bullied as kids and/or teens.

And are you dealing with kids bullying your child?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 1:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter is still too young. but i feel as though she just may be a bully...she is so rough when she plays with other children and she is so tomboyish...hopefully this is just a stage...however i was the kid in school who was accepted by all...so no i personally wasnt bullied...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 1:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i teach my kids to pinch the kid in the mouth that ever try to bully them i do not condone abuse but when it comes to my kids NOBODY messes with them...so i teach my kids NOT TO BE BULLY'S BUT TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES...if the kid hits my kid then my kids have my ok to knock the out
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• but no i was never bullied
    =)
    iNk-FrEaK

• I was some yes. Mostly because I didn't look like everyone else. I had red hair and they made fun of that because they were jealous. Now I have women of all ages tell me theywish they had my hair and that its beautiful and that they wish they could get that color and they've tried miserably to get it from a box. It's funny how people sat they don't like something or tease when really they want to have it and are jealous. Now my kids are redheaded too and though it hasn't started yet, I imagine the name-calling will be an day now from kids. I'll just tell them to hold their head high because one day those bullying kids will be older and paying some major $$$ to get what my kids can wake up every morning and have for free with 0 effort. All a bully is is a sad, low self-esteem person who picks on others to make them feel good. Usually from a broken home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A girl tried to bully me but it never got to me. my son was bullied for the first couple months of school and I told the thirteen year olds parents if it did not stop we would have a problem and it stopped.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was bullied at school and I'm hoping that my LO will grow up to be more confident and assertive than I was. I can think of a hundred ways I could've prevented/stopped being bullied. I'm looking forward to passing along my knowlege..
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wasn't just bullied, I was tortured in school and the teachers and administrators never did anything. So far, we haven't had to deal with bullies. But I have taught my kids that if someone touches them in a way to harm them, they have my permission to hit the other kid as hard as they can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was bullied in elementary school. It was just part of life. My son goes to a zero tolerance when it comes to bullying school so no concerns with him.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• There was a girl who bullied me from kindergarten all the way up to 7th grade. She would shove me in the hallway, knock me down, knock my stuff out of my arms, threaten me, etc. Then one day it just stopped.

I actually ran into her several years ago when we were in college. She gave me a dirty look, but since I had gotten over it, I didn't reciprocate.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no! I always seemed to fit in, and I ry to help my chil;dren adapt just the same, and I teach them that a "bully" susually a prson who needs a good friend!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010