OPK and pregnancy

Has anyone used a OPK as a HPT??? My last pregnancy I took a OPk after getting a pos HPT and it also was positive.
I just ran out of HPT so I just took a OPK and it was ALOT darker than previous days. It's not positive yet but yesturday it wasn't even a second line. today its way darker. I was also having cramps on my left side near my overy. I am on cycle day 42 and AF is due in 3 days. So I know I am not ovulating now, I already got 2 pos OPK this cycle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• This is how it was explained to me:

When you ovulate you release a hormone we will call AB.

When you're pregnant you release what we'll call ABC.

HPT's test for C only, but OPK's test for AB, so OPK's can give you positive result for pregnancy.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• OPK?
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• What is an OPK?
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Ovulation test
    Anonymous

• Ovulation predictor kit.... I have never used one myself, so I am sorry Icannot help you, but thought I would inform the other two respondents :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 1:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• www.peeonastick.com Technically you can BUT a hpt will show up positive before you get a positive OPK. And also the opk has to be positive not just a line. Also be warned that often right before AF your body will release some hormones that will cause the OPK to potentially turn positive again. So if you think you might be pregnant, I suggest just sticking with a HPT.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008