This election is bringing out the worse in everyone.

No matter who gets elected - we need to support that person as our President. We live in a democracy which allows us to choose, and we often take that for granted. No - elections do not always go the way we want - but we don't always get what we want (Rolling Stones song going through my head now). I was born and raised Republican. I plan on voting for McCain based on values. However, if Obama is elected I will support him. I was not a fan of Clinton - but he did bring this country together. We need someone who will lead us and bring us together - this election seems to be pulling us apart....but I digress....

What do you all see for the future of the U.S.?

CBodden

Asked by CBodden at 12:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends........................if McCain Is elected it will be more of the same. If Obama is elected who knows, but at least it will be different. He can't possibly do worse than Bush!
    Anonymous

• I don't have a clue what's in store for us. But I know all the gloom and doom the news preaches doesn't make people's attitudes any better.

I'm voting for Obama, but what can I do if McCain wins? Nothing. I'm not going to move out of the country or become a political fanatic conspiracy theorist. I'll go on living and keeps my hopes up for the next election. That's all I can do and that's all the rest of us can do as well.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• you can't always get what you want.... thanks now i will have that stuck in my head for the rest of the day! I totally agree with you

All we can each do is make an informed decision. unfortunately I think so many people are voting based on race, or sex, and that's just not right.

Hopefully we are headed in the direction of change... for the good
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Pardon my typo - I meant to say that this election is bringing out the WORST - not worse! And I'm a teacher!
    CBodden

Answer by CBodden at 12:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• at least you didn't say tricker treating... :)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You know what we all need to do as Cafemommer's we need to band together and no matter who gets elected we need to fight for the Mother's of children with special needs, and we need to fight together for Mommies who are struggling to put heat into their homes, I mean there are thousands of us and from all corners of the world and if we let our voices be heard we can make a difference in each state and get legislation through our congress. I am a republican too and I want to make a difference as well, I vow to start in my community and in writing letters to our congress men.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 1:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I will never support McCain. I'm not going to move out of the country but I will not stand silently by. If he does something I disagree with, my congressman and senators will be contacted. However, the same goes for Obama.
    Anonymous

• I think no matter what happens everything will be fine. I can't wait till this is over and everyone stops FREAKING OUT!
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Interesting you should say that SheriSanchez! I am the mother of two Autistic children, so I am all in favor of Federal Funding for children with special needs, although my husband and I are perfectly able to fund all of their out-of-pocket expenses.

However, did you read recently that Sarah Palin has approved a $55 BILLION funding initiative for special needs children to be phased in over the next 3-5 years in ALASKA?! And yet, a good majority think she is wrong for VP! And then we have Obama emphatically federally funding and supporting abortion rights up to the 9th month, at whatever cost (that would be us, the taxpayers).

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I am in no way freaking out. I said I would support whoever wins - and that's the truth. I'm just tired of all the nasty comments being made by people here.
    CBodden

Answer by CBodden at 7:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008