what can an 8 month old do for Halloween? I have an OK costume, but I want a CUTE costume. Is it worth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went to Walmart and found a "Bee" costume, they had, cow, kitten, devli ect ect costumes there they only cost like $9 and they fit like a sleeper, warm too for any outside tricker treating. Since she is so young tricker treating won't mean much to her plus she might cry at all the strange costumes. But we are going to a party so that is why I bought her a costume. When my 5 year old was younger we would just hand out candy in her little costumes. she loved it.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 12:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My son's first Halloween, he was a duck, and for his second he was a dog. He was only 2 1/2 months for his first trick-or-treating. Everyone else will see your little one as the cutest thing in the world, so there's no need to worry about that! Springing for an expensive costume right now really isn't worth it. The costumes for babies are made just like blanket sleepers to keep them warm, and that's all that is important. I just made sure to get it a littles big so I could buddle him up tight underneath!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• my son was 10months old for his first halloween, he was a little devil. we had pictures taken at wal-mart in his costume and just passed out candy with him all dressed up. Not much they can do for halloween till they are about 2. I would spend a tone of money on a costume this year not really worth it. Have fun.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I BOUGHT MY 9 MON OLD A COSTUME  AT WAL MART HE IS GOING TO BE A PUPPY IT IS SO CUTE AND I THINK I ONY SPENT $10

mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• For my sons first halloween I got a cool little sleeper that had devel horns on it and said "little devel" he wore it for months after words and costed less than $10
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 2:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Oh I forget to say I got it at old navy
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 2:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• At Walmart, they have "dress up" bibs. My daughter used it last year and everybody loves it. It's a bib with arm holes and a hat. Not too fancy, but really cute. My daughter was a duck.
    Anonymous

• I spent 40.00 on my 9 month old's costume today. I know I know, it seems kind of extreme but let me tell you ladies something, I have a 9 year old, and the first two halloweens are going to be the ONLY halloweens that you get to dress them in what YOU want to dress them in. My older son has been spiderman like 5 times, Darth Vader twice and a Ninja ...and I didn't bother to really do anything the first year. I always regretted it, so this time I splurged! lol. But the plus to buying the expensive costume, it is thick and warm so I don't have to worry abotu bundling him up.
    MissLisaMarie

Answer by MissLisaMarie at 6:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2008