What was the biggest crisis you and your partner have gotten over so far?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd have to say our financial situation. This has always been a stresser for me. Right after our recent move, I thought we were going to lose our home (and everything) because we couldn't afford the first month's rent (we sent money the month before to be used for the first month, but it was a huge clusterf*ck).
    When we were in the Navy, we were afraid that he would get a dishonorable discharge after going to Captain's Mast (for something that wasn't his fault). That was before we were married. The CO put him on restriction for the remainder of the month (11 days), which meant that he wasn't allowed to leave the ship for anything. His paycheck was severely cut to take care of what he went to Mast for. It may have only been 11 days, but, they were the longest 11 days of my life.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• 4 deaths and a miscarriage of twins in 2 years...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 3:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Post partum...You know now that I think of it..I'm not 100% sure were completly healed from it, even though its been a bit since I've been over it. The damage it did tested us like NOTHING else. But, we're in love and will recover.
    cclvsj

Answer by cclvsj at 3:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I honestly couldn't pick one if I had to. We've been married 8 years and ahve had numerous big challenges. A misscarriage that nearly destroyed both of us, job losses, financial strain, living worse than paycheck-to-paycheck, illness, stress due to inlaws, and much more. The only thing I can think of that we HAVEN'T been through(thank God) that is typical of some marriages is infidelity. He never looks at other women and I don't at other men. We waited for each other and will never leave each other for another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's weird, the things that SHOULD be a crisis' never turn out to be for us. Somehow we manage to really pull together during those times. For example, he left his job of 16 yrs without having another job lined up, which was fine with me, he was absolutely miserable...the next day my job called needing someone to pick up extra hours. We were never without a paycheck or without insurance coverage during an event that would shatter most. That seems like kind of a bad example because it was more luck than anything else, but the fact was, he didn't have to rush out and take the first job that came along because I was supporting us while he took care of DS. It wasn't the ideal situation, but very necessary. It made us appreciate the other persons contributions to our family, so it was a positive learning experience. Then, we have something supremely dumb like a HUGE fight we were in. The topic of the argument....socks! LMAO
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• when i had my seizure and he was in indiana
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Loss of jobs. The loss of a baby in 2004. None of those were really a crisis though. We talked and we got through it.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2010