Any good ideas for my daughter bday?

She's turning 6 and I'm low on cash. She does like chocolate so I was thinking about making something chocolate for her (any ideas) & i wanted to do more.

lovelypisces

Asked by lovelypisces at 4:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Making something for her is a great idea. Nothing makes a day special like something made by someone who loves you. She's 6, so keep it simple- a movie night with popcorn and friends, or a special girls evening for you and your daughter. Whatever you do will be perfect because you are thinking of your daughter, and she will know that.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 7:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Make a chocolate cake or some little chocolate candies. Have pizza and watch a movie and do hair and nails. Those things are easy and cheap.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• What sort of activites does she like?

My newly turned 6 year old loves art. She's beside herself when we put together an art kit. It's a ream of paper, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, scrapes of ribbon, stickers, and whatever else I think she can use to create. It's as expensive or not as you make it.

We've also taken special day trips for birthdays. We've gone to a 'donation only' zoo in our area. We've gone to a special park we usually avoid. ;) that sort of thing. This year DD had a "fancy dress up tea-party" with a few of her friends. they had a blast! I made some small cakes and cookies. we drank lemonade, hot chocolate and something called "children's tea" out of my good china tea cups. The girls came in their favorite dresses. We made beaded necklaces and they played with whatever toys they could get their hands on in the house. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• scavenger hunt!!! Cheep and fun!

My mom also did a fun thing when I was about that age. She made goodie bags for me and 5 friends (with like pencils and erasers and little notepads (the kids you can get in packs) then tied a string to each (I think she used sewing string but it may have been yarn. Then taped all 6 bags to one wall in our basement. At the end of each string was a fun pencil. She wrapped the yarn around alll over the room (under furniture, taped to walls, wrapped around the other yarns). We then each picked a pencil and started winding the yarn around it. We had sooo much fun and giggled so much while doing the yarn maze then we each got our goodie bags.

We also did a peanut scramble. They bought a huge bag of peanuts (still in their shells) and picked out a couple and colored one them with marker. THen we each got a paper bag. My folks then threw (and spread out) all the peanuts and (cont.)
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 3:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• we went wild collecting them. THere were 3 prizes (one for each of the marked peanuts and one for the person with the most nuts).

I know we went bowling one year. And sleep overs are always a crowd pleaser.

I'll have to think if there are others that stand out.
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 3:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010