How longs are periods with the Depro Provera BC shot?

I had my first shot about 3 months ago and I am due for my next one in a few weeks. The first and second period I had with the shot were short and light but this last one has been going on for almost three weeks!! It is light but it wont go away and I am very crampy. Has this happend to anyone else?

Asked by cynthianc at 1:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• i was on depo for like a yr and the first shot i had light periods and i was happy; but then after the 2nd i started to bleed almost EVERYDAY. the dr kept telling me it was normal and will go away after a while but never did so i just stopped b/c i was tired of bleeding everyday for like 8-9 months...uugghh! once i stopped it i bleed for like 1 more month then went back to my normal periods!

Answer by twins121505 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I got lucky and didn't have periods when I was on Depo.

Answer by cacnotcam at 2:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I avoided the Depo like the Plague because of all of the side effects and issues it can cause. I am now learning FAM. If your looking for an alternative I highly suggest it!

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have been on depo for almost 2 years and I have been lucky to not have a period or that awful spotting. I am scared though for when I have to go off it - what will my period be like then? EEW.

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• iwas on depo when i was 14 up until one month ago i never got a period but the thing is you could possably blead/spot the whole three months

Answer by cielo1 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008