How can I get my dogs nails trimmed?

We live in a little town. Unless we want to pay $65 to see the vet, our dog's nails are getting long. I'm afraid to clip her. Any other way to get them short?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 4:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pets

• Do you have a dog groomer there? They can be cheaper than the vet. I trim my own dogs nails, you just have to learn how. You can check out this site and see if it's useful to you

http://dogs.about.com/od/dogcarebasics/a/nail_trimming.htm
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If you have a Petsmart close by, they will do it.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can take them to the groomer or have your vet show you how to clip them yourself. You can also dremmel them. Still you have to learn when to stop. There is a quick and if you nic that they will bleed and its very painful.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Ask your vet to show you the proper way to do it. They are more then happy to show you. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 9:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree with HeatherReneeB ask your vet to show you how its not that hard to learn and you will save lots of time and money.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010