Why so mean?

I feel like sometimes users here are mean and nasty. What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sadly, that is one of the things I found wrong here, there are so many mean and nasty people here. The other night I answered a question that boils down to that I feel children should not be weighed with heavy things and should be allowed their childhood. You would not believe the whole slew of women "ganging" up on me and voting me down because I did not share the same things they did. They called me a bigot and I was like, isn't bigotry not being tolerate of another's belief's? They ended up being the very thing they called me. One tried to say I was "outnumber", but I refused to be cowed down and stood my ground. I will do whatever it takes to protect a child's innocence (they lose it so early now a days) as they will have to deal with enough when they get older. Let them have a WHOLESOME childhood. But I never gave in to their bullying. By now, they know they don't have some weak minded person to contend with.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Maybe some people forgot that lesson
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I totally agree, why are we all here? We have questions without answers, if you don't have anything nice to say, please say nothing at all...
    Hannelie

Answer by Hannelie at 5:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I hear you!! Don't take their rudeness personally!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 6:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I disagree jolee. It is not so much a contraversial topic, it is so much of verbal abuse that is not right. That is the point where it takes it a step too far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sleep deprivation? Unfulfilled dreams? Feelings of inadequacy? Low self esteem? All part and parcel of mom-hood. I have myself been caught on a not-so-pleasant day. Do u guys never get aggitated? I feel this is as good a place as any to vent :)
    My opinion
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sometimes it's because they think they are so much smarter than anyone answering and they try to belittle to members that show any kind of intelligence. Thank goodness cafe mom eliminated anon answers to questions. So at least you have a face to the snobby, I am better than you answers. The party is over for the anon gang...
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Anon answers are still here, just higher up on levels
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I hear you. Don't let it get to you Dear some people have a level of ignorance and maybe even self hatred. I say that because why else does one not know how to be civil and conduct themselves in a place that is designed to assist and comfort each other. At least that is what I thought this site was about. I recently got a response to a question I asked about being concerned for a dear friend and the woman told me just dump her and stop whining. I just wrote back that obviously she never had a close friend. It's sad that some people still have a great deal of growing to do.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• LOL ANON!!!!
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010