How To Deal With Not Bringing Home Baby When I Go Home From Hospital

I had an emergency c section with my baby monday night. She was in distress and had to take her to the special care nursery and she has been there since. She has been through a lot all ready but i still haven't gotten to hold her yet and i am going home today. There so many emotions right now that i can't even sleep. I just don't know how to deal with it i just want her to come home with me. She is getting better but they don't know when she will be able to go home and i know she is getting the best care but i still feel empty when i think about it. I am going to be up here everyday but still it feels like something is missing which there is. So i guess its not really a question i just would love some feedback from women that have been through this before,

ZoeyGirlsMOMMY

Asked by ZoeyGirlsMOMMY at 5:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry I havent but I do send my love for your little ones health and comfort for you..... GL and stay strong!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 5:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you its hard but one day at a time huh...
    ZoeyGirlsMOMMY

Comment by ZoeyGirlsMOMMY (original poster) at 5:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Just remember that she is better there with the nurses and doctors taking care of her right now then she would be at home. She is where she needs to be in order to be able to come home. My oldest ds, he is three now, was in the nicu for 18 days until we brought him home. I know that isn't long compared to some babies but it does seem forever. When they finally told us we could take him home it was like his birthday all over again! Hope your little girl gets well soon. Was she born early as well as in distress?
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Jamielk NO she wasn't early but i was induced because her amniotic fluid was low. My pelvic bone was too little for her to go naturally and she was in distress before that her cord was wrapped around her neck and she also pooped while in distress she swallowed it so just too much for her at that time. But thank you for your input i know that its where she should be but i know you know the feeling of just wanting your baby home with you. Thank you again
    ZoeyGirlsMOMMY

Comment by ZoeyGirlsMOMMY (original poster) at 6:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had to leave my youngest in the NICU for a week after I was discharged. (He was 6 weeks early, emergency c-section) It was really hard. I spent as much time as I could with him, and our hospital allowed me to stay over in one of the rooms, they even let me order food from the hospital cafeteria. Lots of hugs to you, she'll be home before you know it!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I went through this with my son. I went home Wednesday and he stayed until Sunday. Where I was, they let you stay until 11:59 pm the day of discharge, so I stayed until then, got discharged, and then stayed in the NICU for another hour or so. It went fast for me because I was either pumping every 2 hrs, or AT the NICU to nurse and visit. I also had an almost 2 year old that kept me busy. Take it one day at a time!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ((hugs))
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I know how you feel i dont the same thing in Jan when i had my dd...it was so hard i cried while leaveing the nicu..i just fell apart..i will not lie im going to tell you when you get home its going to get even worse..at night when fam would leave i would just break down and cry..cryin helped me alot but even now i feel cheated...i know i should be thankful shes home and alive but it still bothers me...i could cry talking about it now...i got to the point where i didnt want to go see the baby anymore bc i couldnt stand to leave her mine was 1hr and a half from home in the hospital bc i was transported...i had so many emotions and i still do about it and its 8mnths later..please please if you need anyone to talk to message me i would be happy to talk to you since i know exactly what you are about to endure..if not please talk to your friends and family dont let this eat at you it only makes it worse...good luck and im sooo srry
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i meant done the same thing in jan srry
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010