bare down there ... adult content

Well kind of! I went in for my first brazilian last night and it was awful! I went to a reputable spa, and the lady who did it was experienced. The wax was too hot, so it hurt going on, and she even apologized for it being so hot, then she ripped off the sheets so slowly and kind of in a jerky motion - ouch! She left tons of little patches behind, and I noticed this morning that I'm actually bruised in some spots! It cost me $80, and I do a much better job with a razor! I wanted the experience, but I think maybe I'll just wax it myself in a couple months!! Any other horror stories out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Eeeks! I've never done it, and doubt that I ever will!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wanted to do it before my husband comes home from Iraq, but im pregnant now, and I have read that it hurts way more if u r. Something about ripping off the stretched out skin (shudder) I am so getting it done after I pop this 1 out though!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've seen quiet a lot of questions about brasilia wax on here lately. ... So now, at least I know what it means. Thank you.
    Sorry it was so awful.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I saw Wanda Sykes talking about getting on. And when she said she thought it was down, and then she had to turn over, that sold me on NEVER doing it...LOL I don't even like getting my eyebrows done ;)
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm too chicken to try it, I'll stick with the razor! Sorry for the pain. Ouch!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• There is no way I would ever get something like that done. I am a wuss when it comes to pain. I will either shave or pluck with some tweezers.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• never done it and now i dont think i ever will!! lol. sorry it was so bad :(
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am too chicken to try it like someone else up there said.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've never waxed, i just couldn't bring myself to do that. But I am in the process of laser hair removal. Its not a happy experience but at least its permanent.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I could never do it. I'm way too scared. Ouch. If I were you, I'd call the spa and speak to a manager about the bruising and your experience.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010