I need help someone please!

My daughter is 2 days old..she has been on the similac advanced easy shield bottles at the hospital then i bought the formula same as that! She is bloated alot! And has been pooping in every diaper just a little bit but like runny but when she poops its like gas and shoots out shes not pooping turds at all! Its 5 oclock in the morning i have had no sleep at all! I have some kroger infant gas relief drops that children under 2 0.3 ml... do you think that will help and do you think she can have it being only 2 days old?

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 6:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know I would just call the hospital and ask them I did that with my baby for something they are very helpful and if not wait a bit then call your drs office. does hse she like she is fussy? Get all the air out of her little tummy she might have a build up in there. Don't want to have a colicky baby Good Luck
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• how do i get all the air out of her tummy...i have no phone either
    johnandtabby

Comment by johnandtabby (original poster) at 6:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'd call her doctor today, and tell them whats going on, when they are brand new like that, they're poop is really runny and their little systems are so new to this. Iv'e used the gas drops too and that shouldn't hurt her any.I'm sure your very nervous I know I was especially since both of mine had collic which is horrible! The gas in their stomachs really hurt, Their doctor put them on Lacto frree formula. Good luck, I feel for ya.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• use your neighbors phone! If your baby is allergic to the formula or something else worse is going on what are you going to do?
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 6:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Newborns have VERY soft poop. They are on a liquid diet! I believe formula is mush and breastfed babies poop is watery. The gas relief stuff will not hurt her at all. Many babies shoot out their poop. And what do you mean by bloated? Babies have VERY round guts!! They stick out quite a bit.

Is she screaming in pain? Fussing MUCH more than usual??

Just from what you described it sounds quite normal.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i would not give your 2 day old anything medicinal. if your worried call your nurse doctor or even look up some sites that are catered for baby issues.. i am not sure why she is having explosions like that but every baby is different.. is the milk your giving her contain lactose? iim in australia and not sure of that brand.. maybe she could be intolerable to milk products? we as humans were not meant to tolerate milk anyway so maybe that could be a reason.. also babies so young cant tolerate things other than their own mothers breast milk so early on. of course alot of kids are fine on lactose and im not condemming you for using formula so please dont misunderstand me but it is just a thought as to maybe why she is having the issues? my baby had bad colic from day one and i breast fed so what i was eating was affecting her. seek advice if your still unsure. no point you getting stressed for no reason :) goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would not give a bay that young anything before asking a Dr
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• This sounds pretty normal to me too. I don't have experience with formula babies, but it still sounds normal. A 2 day old isn't going to have formed stools yet. Newborns cry. Sometimes A LOT. Make sure to burp her often during feedings, probably after each ounce. If you have tummy concerns, consider nursing (if you haven't considered this already). If you are interested in breastfeeding, let me know, me and lots of others here can help you get started. It's gentler on their tummies. If you're not interested, disregard that part. If you're really worried about something being medically wrong, call the doctor when they open.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't give a 2 day old baby any medicine go to the labor and delivery where you had your baby that's what I was told when I had my daughter that if anything happened just to take her there don't give her anything .
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Our son did the same thing and honestly, the Similac Advanced was the cause of it. We switched (with his doctor's recommendation) to Similac Advance Sensitive and used the gas drops... it worked wonders. The bowl movements that you're talking about sound pretty normal. They will start to come less frequently when she is a little older. Just relax and enjoy your newborn ;)
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010