What have you sold in desperation to make ends meet?

Have you sold jewerly old rings, earrings? Whatever that you have because you needed money? I haven't yet I was just wondering. I have a really old coin I was thinking about selling but I haven't.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• At the time.... it helped. I sold a samuri sword my father brought home from WW1.... and DH sold TONS of baseball card he and his father collected. THOSE I wish we hadn't sold. BUT hind-site is 20/20 they say. We just did what we had to do.
    Katherine R.

Answer by Katherine R. at 7:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well if your just now selling the jewelry...your not quite desperate yet. Almost, but not yet. The definition of desperate has many levels to it. If you at the jewelry stage...your just at the begining stage of desperate. enough said. You'll have to trust me regarding the different levels of desperate and I pray that none of you ever experience the true meaning of desperate. Huggs to you all!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Depending on how much money you need and for what? I would get rid of all my family's unwanted clothes, shoes,toys and books and have a yardsale. I wish you luck.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 9:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• diamond bracelet.platinum ring, x-box, Thomas Train table and all the wooden trains, play station and dance pads...gonna pawn my wedding rings here soon but DH has an interview for a second Job Tues!!! YAY!!!!!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I sold all of my jewelry at one point.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nothing really. My hubby works, I work also. I also deal with two companies online to bring in a little extra since I am always online anyways!! Swagbucks and Sendearnings. If money gets really tight (in which it has) Dh and I would go collecting pop cans and scrap metal to take off to the recycling centers.

MoMofTWOkiddos

Answer by MoMofTWOkiddos at 8:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All my 14K jewelry, some coins, some clothes including a mink jacket, antique teacups.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Hummmma. here in Miami I have been homeless a total of two times. I have sold my car, shoes, clothes, blood, white blood cells. i sold baby scrap from my births of all my children for cell research. I have sold books and a lot of things of course I own a thirf shop and all the things i get are donated. Plus i give a lot of things away. So yes I have sold things in need of money. In the end you live to get it back or get some thing better.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My husband and I used to sell our plasma on Tuesdays for $25.00 and Friday for $50.00. This was right after we got married he was in the Navy and we were toooooo pooooor to do anything else. Now we are very forturnate to not have to do those things anymore!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Clothes :)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010