What Helps To Ease Your Anxienty?

I live in a constant 'bubble' of anxienty and no matter what I do, therapy, medication, talking to family/friends...... I can't shake it. It's making me feel so weak, and often immobilizing.

What has helped YOU?

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 6:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• Sorry to hear you're going thru that. My situation is abot the same except add depresson. I'm on Lorazepam which helps some but wallking and exercise helps as does getting outside. I feel Im in a little shell with all my problems so I undertand the "bubble" feeling. People like friends don't always undertand how we feel if they aren't going thru the same thing and they tend to minimize our fears. We know we're overeacting and worrying too much but that doesn't make it go away. My nature photography has helped a lot since I'[m much better when Im focused on photography or editing my pics. Hope u find someting that helps ((hugs))
    koolkidsmom

Answer by koolkidsmom at 6:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think it is just stress in general, being a mom is such a hard job and then adding all the other things in to. I have been having days of this. I know how you feel. It makes me feel also weak and very tired. Some days are better then others I just try to hang in there. I do not take meds or anything like that. I just feel like I am so behind in everything. My house has to look just so and I want everything to be caught up. My husband keeps telling me do not worry about cleaning and such. I keep telling myself that every day is a new day, maybe this saying will help you. From one mom to another, here is a big "HUG".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Trying to come to terms with what causes your anxiety to begin with and then learning to overcome that. Medication may be needed in the meantime as you do this, but you have to learn to sit back, take a deep breath & not allow things to bother you too much.

I do hope you can conquer this problem. I would continue to seek professional help and maybe even use a combination of medications - not just one. Sometimes it takes 2 to tone it all down.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I am on 2 meds, and seeing a therapist once a week. I have been for about 3 years now. I try relaxation techniques, but I've gotten to relief. ='o(
    misskrissie

Comment by misskrissie (original poster) at 7:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A friend taught me this; Inhale deep, then exhale imagining yourself blowing up a balloon filled with all your tension and stress. Mentally release the balloon. It helps me when I'm stressed out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Lol. Cigarettes and Merlot
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I turn on the radio really loud and sing at the top of my lungs! Also a hot bath often helps me. I have even given myself "timeouts", where I would simply take myself out of the situation for a few minutes before I returned.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Breathing exercises, exercise and spending a lot of time on Cafemom helps me!!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010