Where do you shop for your -PERFECT- jeans?

Are they affordable? Do you have to save up to buy them? Online or a store?

I have 2-3 pairs of jeans that I cycle through. Two of them are very comfortable and stretchy (Vicki's Secret, I think), one I bought at Walmart, and another pair is barely comfortable enough to sit in for 8+ hours (okay, so 4 pairs).

The first two won't last for too much longer before they rip or stretch too much (to the point where belts won't help). The third don't always seem to fit right (some days, it's just more comfy to wear pajama bottoms) and the fourth I can only wear when I'm "feeling skinny."

I'm going to need new jeans here soon (maybe the next month) and would like to know where I might find that -perfect- pair of jeans. The closest mall with the big stores is about a 45-minute drive from where I am.

Ideas?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I always have good luck with Gap jeans. I don't know if they are cut for my shape of body (curvy) or what, but they never let me down. I also have good luck with Levi's 550's. They are cut for my shape, too, although length can sometimes be tricky. Some long's are way too long, while medium length can be too short. I always have to try them on. I think everybody has their "skinny jeans" and "fat jeans" for those times when things may be puffier than others. I know I do! LOL Remember when jeans had NO stretch to them, only looked great on a few people, and they were really uncomfortable? UGH!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I found my perfect jeans at Maurice's. Unfortunately, they did away with the style that was perfect for me. I only have 1 pair left and will need some more jeans soon too.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm at the point where I think I'm going to have them custom made; have tried every pair out there and they are all awful. And I wish they would do away with stretch: blah!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love Areopastale. The have a verity of styles and they are fairly inexpensive, especially when on sale.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• American Eagle, they never let me down w/ jeans!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think you remember my mad jean buying trip last spring. I have three pairs of jeans. Two are Riders. I love the cut and the tapered leg. (I was an 80's pegged jeans girl.) I hate baggy things around my ankles. It is now very hard to find tapered legs in any brand. They are all straight leg, boot cut, or bell bottoms. GAG! One pair of Riders is getting pretty holey. The other pair is still in pretty good shape. The third pair I hate. It is a different brand. I finally had to give in and get a pair that was straight leg last spring. They are too big, but there was no way I was getting the next size down buttoned, so I am forever having to pull them up. I will probably need another pair of jeans by next fall. Hopefully by then they will have the style I like again.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 10:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I just realized that I didn't say where I got my jeans. Usually at Walmart. I they are jeans I refuse to pay more than $20 for them.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 10:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My "skinny" jeans are a pair of l.e.i. that I got from a friend (they appeared in her home awhile ago and just held on to them). They're a size 10, which normally fit me, but l.e.i. sizes theirs smaller, I think. I LOVE l.e.i. jeans and I'm wondering if buying a 12 would help them to feel better. I also wonder if Walmart sells them. If not, it's at least a 45 minute drive to the closest mall or set of outlet stores.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i found a pair of jeans i just love at T.J.Maxx and they are from ninewest. they are lovely
    hairstylist2011

Answer by hairstylist2011 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Lately I have found really cute jeans in teh juniors at Kohls. I can't wear "womens" jeans because they do not fit me at all. I really like Silver jeans from the Buckle, but they are not cheap.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010