Would like to sponsor a child's education

I would like to be an annonymous sponsor to a deserving child who shows potential but whose parents can't afford tertiary education. Do I contact the school, University or should I consult a lawyer?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 8:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• The above posters gave you great information but I just wanted to say thank you for wanting to help. There are so many families struggling to just put food on the table and would never be able to send their child to college. You are wonderful for wanting to help and will definitely be a blessing to that child that receives your help.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would call the schools, both high school or colleges, first and ask about it. They face this all the time and they may have all the legal help you will need as well. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You could contact the high school or University and set up a scholoarship. You could probably set the requirements, but not sure if you would be able to help with the selection process. That would depend on the school itself.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010