Biggest bang for the buck?

Pelosi says Unemployment and food stamps give the biggest bang for the buck and we should double down on entitlements, I think she has been doing to much of that San Fran weed. What about you?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think she has done enough time in Congress. I would very much like to see her retire to a nice, quiet life and rest up after all her many hard years of service for our country.

(Translated: We need to get her away from the controls. Now.)
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Ha! Let's just toss her outta there already!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• link

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You haven't heard this yet Sweet or you don't believe it? She says it every chance she can get. I saw a clip of her saying it it again. Can't find that one but I could post several others if you'd like.

Pelosi has been saying it for 2 yrs now, it's nothing new that she thinks these things are good for Americans and America.

Link text
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You haven't heard this yet Sweet or you don't believe it?

Haven't heard it, nothing any politician says would surprise me at this point. But I will check it out

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• At a press conference in her home town of San Francisco, Pelosi explained that the program's multiplier effect –the amount of money generated in the local economy as the result of the subsidy– far exceeds the nearly $60 billion spent this year by the federal government and is a sure-fire way to stimulate the economy. For every dollar a person receives in food stamps, Pelosi said that $1.79 is put back into the economy. The U.S. Department of Agriculture cites an even higher figure of $1.84.

"It is the biggest bang for the buck when you do food stamps and unemployment insurance. The biggest bang for the buck," she said.
    Gingrich on Tuesday wrote a letter critical of the Democrats' stewardship of the economy and urged all Republican candidates to shape the political debate as one "between the Democratic Party of food stamps and the Republican Party of paychecks."

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You are not bothered by Gingrich, but you are by Pelosi....even though...at THIS time, we NEED to be putting this money out

For every dollar a person receives in food stamps, Pelosi said that $1.79 is put back into the economy. The U.S. Department of Agriculture cites an even higher figure of $1.84

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The number of Americans receiving food stamps rose to a record 41.8 million in July and approximately one in eight Americans participate in the program, according to the USDA, with the average household subsidy receiving $294 a month.

Pelosi also chastised Gingrich for a political attack she believes is rooted in class warfare.

"There is some subliminal message that is being sent out there about us and them, meaning people who need food stamps and the rest of the country, which I think is an unfortunate course to go down," said Pelosi.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• "It is an unassailable fact that in June, more food stamps were distributed by the government than ever before in American history. (It turns out that Barack Obama's idea of spreading the wealth around was spreading more food stamps around.)," wrote Gingrich.

Its now President Obama giving out welfare checks and not the American people suffering and NEEDING them?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'd like to see proof of that Sweet. Liberal numbers go nowhere without proof. Like she said, they raised the number of weeks again and again and they were(and did) going to do it again. Yet I see no jobs made nor anything else good for that matter.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2010