Help!! I want to OUIT SMOKING

Im trying to stop smoking cold turkey it is so hard I have been pretty good about it I have been on a week now and have had 3 smokes but I am bitting my cheeks and need a smoke I tried the patch and gum it makes me sick what else can I do?? To help me I want this so bad

tryingmom203

Asked by tryingmom203 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• I quit smoking 3 times when pregnant. I found the best way for me was to take straws and cut them the length of cigarettes and put filters in the end. I put them in the cigarette box and I felt like I had cigarettes. Part of quitting for me was hard because you get that panicking feeling when you are out ! I would take one of my straws out and "smoke" it. Somehow sucking on the end of the straw with the filter made me feel like I was actually smoking. Eventually your body learns to deal with no more nicotine. It sounds really corny but it really helped me from going nutts. good luck.

TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 1:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• WOW!! Great idea I will try that thanks
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I found that cinnamon gum helped a lot, I couldn't use the nicotine gum or patches either. I was allergic to the patches and the gum is just nasty. It was hard but you can do it!!!!! I have been smoke free for 3 years now.:D Good luck!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008