Do any of you have a child diagnosed with Low Muscle Tone?

If so, have they been diagnosed with anything else? My DD is 4 and she is in Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy 2 times a week, they diagnosed her with the low muscle tone but think there are other issure too. They thought it was autism but then ruled that out.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• DD was a preemie and was diagnosed w/PVL (often times a precursor to cerebral palsy) while still in the NICU. She did physical therapy from the time she was 3 until about 7 years of age; never had to do occupational or speech therapy. She was considered low tone but also had some tightness in her legs. She no longer requires therapy but is still evaluated on a regular basis by an orthopaedic specialist.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My niece has low muscle tone and a lot of other issues. I might be able to answer some of your questions or ask SIL for you.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2010