have you ever been told you were having one sex and when you delivered you had another!?

I was told I'm having a boy once and then they said they couldn't tell the anatomy so I'm begining to wonder. Has this happened to anyone and you ended up having what they said you werent having?

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 8:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It did to my SIL.. they told her she was having a girl and it was a boy...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope. Ultra sounds are pretty accurate. With my 1st my dd didnt show her sex when we did the ultrasound but the tec saw something else that only girls have and said that she was 75% sure I was having a girl, and I did :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• With my 1st we saw the baby shape, but they could not get a good read on what it was, they said "it could be a boy, but we are not 100% sure" and he was a boy. With the 2nd all we saw was a blur-- not even a shape- so of course they had no clue and we found out at delivery he was a boy. With the 3rd i had amniocentesis and they told me he was a boy and he was a boy.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Happened to me. With my son. Been told he was a girl all along. We were told with the last sonogram I had (two days before I went into early labor with him) that he was a little girl weighing about six pounds three ounces. That was on a Saturday. The following Monday, I had a little boy that weighed seven pounds and seven ounces! He was called Doc for three days before we came up with a name for him.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Happened to my cousin 3 times. All her boys were thought to be girls. Major set back. The family had to scramble like crazy to get everything ready for the new baby boy before she was released from the hospital. After the1st time we got unisex just to be safe & we were right. Her youngest 5 now though so this was awhile ago. They were right about my 2 boys and I'm hoping they're right about my girl. They said they look for ovaries in a girl. **Fingers Crossed**
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• with my first they said boy. & he was boy. with my second they said girl. and she was a girl. NOW with this one which is my third. they said boy.. so hopefully they are right or ill be in trouble.lol ive got alot of boy stuff.. BUT i think i trust in what they say sense they were right with my first 2! BUT hearing some of the stories above has me wondering.. lol
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I decided to be surprised, so I have no personal experience, but this did happen to two friends of ours. One was told girl and had a boy, one was told boy and had a girl. I don't think it's that common but it can happen.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think I've seen this question every day for the last 2 weeks - yes, it happened to me. I was 20-some weeks pregnant with our 2nd, we were told it was a boy, we even saw what the tech saw, and a few months later, out popped a girl!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010