Is anyone really thinking of the future?

Right now the Russians are playing war games with Cuba. They are in talks with Cuba and Venezuala for selling and buying oil. There are many countries we do business with that hate us and could hurt us economically at best or start a cumulative war at worst. Right now itlooks like they are banding together. Does the thought of this scare you?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. It does. I know it's not practical or realistic but there are days I wish we pulled back ALL the money we are sending out to foreign nations and closed up our borders till we could get OUR crap fixed and stable! Yes, I am perfectly aware it's selfish and not what our country was built on BUT who is going to care what it was built on when we don't exist anymore because those crazies blow us out of the water!

Anonymous

• Which is why we do NOT need a president who will meet with such leaders without preconditions! "Basic Negotiating 101."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• What is so wrong and scary about meeting people without preconditions? If you feel so strongly against it, I really would like to know the reasons why?

Anonymous

• Well, for starters, MY precondition is refusing to discuss anything with an "annonymous" poster...I want to know who I'm dealing with...just like the POTUS should! Why are you "hiding?" What are you afraid of?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Heehee..LOVE it Lori! No preconditions = idiots. Because Anon if you meet them without making them follow at least some rules they ill see no need to follow ANY rules. Oh yeah, and they are CRAZY!!!!!! You are probably on of those people who think if we give the terrorists milk and cookies and ask really really nicely they will tell us what we want to know.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Just about any country would love to have a war with us, for the simple reason that afterwards we go in and build them a country 20 times better than it was before tha war, and best of all, WE the American taxpayers pay for it all! (Don't believe it? It's been goping on since the 2nd world war. Look at Japan, Germany, Italy, France....)
    Anonymous

• i think Obama might not be bad on this end and you all can hate me if you wish. The white American has receive a bad name from a lot of area's around the world. McCain know more on the military end of it, but Obama may be able to get through to different leaders because he is different from the leader we have had in the past and they may not feel so threaten by him. Far as meeting with the enemy, i would rather to talk, maybe try work differences or at least may get and Idea of what they are up too. Maybe we could prevent the next terrorist attack or at least be more prepared.
    Anonymous

• Maybe why people stay anonymous is because some act more like barracuda's instead of women. If a person disagree's some get nasty when some just reason and point of views. I mention one time about the war and what it is costing us and I thought my head was going to get bit off.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I just asked a simple question out of pure curiosity and you wounder why I post anon. Does it feel good to bash? Thanks to those who are secure enough not to bash me and take the time to answer my serious question. signed anon 12:06

Anonymous

• Yes, the future is very scary. Many of the securities we enjoyed are gone or going. And retards that we are, we think changing parties is the answer. We can see that changing congress's party only made things worse, how is changing the party of the pres. going to help?
    Anonymous