What would you say to sil?

My sil is acting so cold. Because I did not personally call her to invite her for dinner with my mil, who lives in the same house next door,she is now calling my hubby on his cell and inviting him like tit for tat. Just so childish and she continues to call on her cell to his cell. She just started doing this for the first time ever. She is fighting with her mom and now starting with me. Any words of wisdom to this snobby sil of mine???She is driving the family into a wedge between us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Just ignore her. Let the drama die down, as it will on its own, and go on about your life. She will realize just how petty she is being before too long (I hope). Good luck! Oh, and don't let her see that she is getting to you. Don't give her that satisfaction. Just act towards her like you always have. Like they say, kill them with kindness.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• best thing to do is act like you don't notice what she is doing. It will piss her off royally and you'll come out as the more mature one.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Stop reacting to what she's doing. If you ignore it and she sees you ignoring it, she'll do one of two things. One, she'll cease and desist because she's not getting the reaction she wants. Two, she'll try even harder to get a rise out of you.
    Have you talked to your brother and mother-in-law about it? What are their thoughts? Ask your husband to not give in to her childish games and to ignore them as well. If no one plays her game, she may get bored (and get the hell over it) and stop what she's doing.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• invite them both
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010