This may be TMI.....but why is that im cramping up?

Im 14weeks pregnant and have noticed in the last two weeks that any time after my husband and i have sex that i cramp up really bad after a orgasim. Its almost like a period cramp but 10times worse. It goes away after about 20mins. Is this normal?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah, I remember that feeling. Not fun. But it's normal.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It's normal, I don't think it can be considered Braxton Hicks but it's the same sort of principle. As long as you're not bleeding at all, you should be fine.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• its very normal... you have an orgasm, or your man gets you too deep and touches the uterus... thats your babies holding cell for 9 months.. if you pound on it, or orgasm, except some cramping.. yes they go away, and no they arent fun, but that is how it is.. just wait til the charlie horses come, and the back aches.. I didnt have it so bad, but I have heard.. what i had was a charlie horse that lasted from 15 weeks til about last month... it worked out, but the second i would push on it, or stretch it out.. it would tighten up.. that was not very funny. by the time i was in my 2nd tri, i was taking a half a gallon of water to bed with me
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• HEY! BOTH YOU AND I ARE 14 WEEKS PREGNANT! every wednesday is a new week for me! i feel the same thing..

thats why my bf and i dont have sex..lol..i also dont like how it feels anymore lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sweerscrappin.......your man touching your uterus is IMPOSSIBLE! That is why your CERVIX is there and TIGHTLY closed, to PROTECT the baby from anything coming in from the outside. Wow, go back and review your anatomy...

And to Mommy2be04...Yes, it is normal, when you orgasm, pregnant or not, your uterus contracts. That is part of having an orgasm. Well, when you do it and you are pregnant, its a little uncomfortable, and for some it can be painful. Same as Misskellee, that is one of the many reasons why my SO and I didn't have much sex when I was pregnant.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2008