WHEN SHOULD I AS A MOM EXPECT MY SON TO START DOING BOY STUFF?

YA KNOW LIKE TOUCHING HIMSELF. HE IS ALREADY HITTING HIMSELF THERE AND TENDS TO SCRATCH AND RUB IT A LITTLE. BUT HE IS 5. THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YET THAT I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT RIGHT. OR AM I BEING NIEVE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• don't ever expect your son, or child for that matter to do something cuz other kids are doing it. i learned that the hard way. your son will do whateva he's suppose to do as a boy when he's ready. these doctor have an average of what kids should be doing, not all kids act the same. time and paitence is your medicine
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Don't worry It's normal. Every little boy finds his little worm . It starts around potty training time . One day he will hit himself too hard and think THAT HURTS!!! he may also sweat there that also would make him rub. just relax he's a boy, I've seen men do it in public thats just no manners
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 12:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Mine began about 4. We just had talks about it's okay but it is a private thing. At that time we also started talking about good touches/bad touches.
    Around age 14 if I went looking for my sons...almost without fail they were in the bathroom. DH called them each 'kings of masterbation" during that time. It's just normal boy stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• my son is four and he yanked it so hard the other day the poor thing looked like it was gonna pop off. idk when the age is but my son is there.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2008