How do I get my sex drive back? adult content

Other then a couple random times I have lost my drive for sex. Its been about a year and a half that its been this way and is having a toll on my relationship, not to mention my self-esteem. I will end up going to the doctor if need be but I'm looking for advice or suggestions first.

Moaurora

Asked by Moaurora at 8:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I wish I could help but I'm in the same boat...
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I know I've always been a nympho but when i got prego I was out of control and ever since my bf can't keep up with me...but thats the only thing I know of
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• When you go to the doctor, ask to have a complete vitamin and mineral blood level panel done. Deficiencies in key vitamins and minerals affect sex drive (iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C and essential fatty acids) and approximately 70% of women who have had a child are deficient in these vitamins and minerals. One short-term helper is a topical L-Arginine supplement, which is usually available in the family planning section of the grocery store or drugstore marketed as "female arousal gel". Caution should be used though, L-Arginine should not be combined with Gingko Biloba or blood thinners and it may take a little trial and error to determine the correct amount to use. L-Arginine is a potent vasodilator (it relaxes blood vessels) which brings blood to the area and stimulates arousal.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Great answer Fistandantalus. Exercise also helps.
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 9:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you guys. I have tried the Arousal Gel, and Exercise isn't a problem (it actually started at Basic Training for the Army, which its normal to loose it, but also normal to get it back too) and I continue to exercise to this day just not to that extent of course. I will probably give the vitamin and mineral test a go.
    Moaurora

Comment by Moaurora (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Check what Fistandantalus said. She always has good, sound medical advice.
    I went through this as well, only it lasted nearly three years (my daughter will be 4 next month). For me, I had to change my birth control to one that had low levels of estrogen. I also had to tell myself that it's okay to not have control over certain stresses. The last thing was to change my living situation (we lived with my mother for two years; just recently moved to another state). My drive is slowly coming back, but my husband has already noticed a difference. Fist.. can attest to that ordeal.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• the best advice i could give you would be to first see your doctor to make sure it isn't a medical problem - your physician can advise you where to go for help from there - don't put it off - call today!!!! A good sexual relationship is a very big part of a good and healthy marriage - i have been married 46 years - one who knows - please believe me!!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• how old are you ? if your 20-30 your tired and eating junk food and no exercise it can affect your sex life . your 30 - 40 this should be your sexual prime , and the above STILL applies but you could be in a low hormaone stage which can be checked by a blood test . after 40 and in menopause , ? you can still have a sex drive you just have to work a little harder at it ! what makes you feel sexy ? candle ight , bubble bath ? most women are auditory - we need TO HEAR we are sexy desireable from our mate try all the above and have fun !
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010