So confused...help!

I have been happily married for 2 years and several months. Thus I would not get rid of my marriage for anything.
A guy at work in a different department than me and myself are pretty good work friends. I can tell very much that he wants me but I have made it clear to him multiple times that my "goods" are off limits to him. He can look as everyone can, but no touching.
However I do give him hugs from time to time but i make sure they are G-rated hugs only and have told him of the consequences if he does otherwise.
Is having this extremely modest relationship considered cheating? Ask your SO's too please. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If you feel like you are then yes. If you feel ok with the relationship then no. If you're this confused over it the best thing to do is distance yourself. My bf says the same.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Why play with fire?
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Does your husband know about your friend? I used to have a friend/coworker that my husband knew about. We used to have breakfast and sometimes go to lunch together but that is all that we were. I did not consider it cheating because my husband knew about it and there was nothing going on between my friend and I. If you do not have romantic feelings for your friend. I personally would say no it's not cheating! That is just my OP!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No, it's not cheating. My husband and I both do this with our friends and don't have any problems. If you allow it to go further, then it's cheating. If the guy is being pushy and does something you aren't comfortable with, then it's making unwanted advances and he can be reprimanded and disciplined for his actions.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• knowing his feelings for you, i think you are leading him on - and should tone down your relationship a bit - i give hugs to everybody and kiss everybody upon first seeing them and leaving them - it's just me - therefore, nobody thinks anything of it except it's the way i greet and say good-bye to good friends and family - you, on the other hand, are in a bit of a different situation - maybe the hugs should stop...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• has your husband met this guy ? do you talk about your conversations with him to your husband ? does your husband know about the hugs? if the answers to any of these questions is NO , then guess what ? your cheating ! maybe not intentionally .... but think about it if you havent shared this with your husband openly then your hiding it , because you know its wrong .
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• you might be friends with him but he doesn't think of you that way. the hugging should probably stop and the conversations should be general. could lead to problems down the road!
    kady40

Answer by kady40 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'll ask my husband when he gets home from work... but if it were me, the situations turned... I'd be pissed. You shouldn't be hugging this guy... that seems like teasing to me... try to think of it as if it were your husband with a female friend.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'd say your pretty safe. I don't consider it cheating, but if it we're me in the same situation, and my husband knew, he wouldn't like it, and would ask that I not encourage him in any way. In other words he would want me to stop being friends with him.
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 8:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I live my life as if my Hubby were with me everyday all day... If you imagine him with you at work with all of this going on and know he wouldn't mind then I guess you have your answer... IMO, I think you're over stepping boundaries.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010