Am I the only one that is not taking any prenatal vitamins during pregnancy?

pregnancy, prenatal vitamins

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no... I only took them the first few weeks with my oldest... then I just forgot. My kids are both very healthy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I didn't take mine for a few months because they made me sick and stuff. I started taking them again at maybe six months, but only after I've eaten breakfast so I'll have a full stomach.

Just make sure that if you aren't taking them you're eating healthy foods that make up for some of the vitamin losses. Your baby will take whatever it needs from you whether you take the vitamins or not!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I couldn't take prenatals. If our body did like mine and makes enough you don't need to worry about it. I tried to take them but they made me sick because it made my body go on a over load. It is like my body just made up the differernce I even tried taking flinstone vitamins because it is recomended to take something...but still made me sick so my OB told me not to take anything....
    Anonymous

• I wasn't able to take prenatals with either of my girls. For many reasons. Both of my girls turned out fine even my oldest who was a cereal and mexican food baby... lol. It's always your choice! So no you are not the only one not taking vitamins.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I can't take them either. Vitamins in general make me sick. My son is very healthy and so far this is a very healthy pregnancy (am almost 28 weeks along). If your baby needs something s/he will take it from you. The vitamins are more for you. However, your body doesn't actually digest vitamins well so as long as you are eating a proper diet than you are getting more than those vitamins could give you.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I dont take them either they make me sick. My dr.said that as long as i eat healthy (which i really dont) i dont have to take them. But my baby is fine.
    Anonymous

• well since they made me sick i took them at night..now i take them once in a while when my boyfriend tells me too..

that reminds me...where is he? he likes leaving me without telling me where hes going...hmm lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Take 2 flintstones everynight. You'll be fine. No symptoms. You need the folic acid!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008