My son has pimples all over his body

What is it? he is 12 they are all over on his chest arms and face

tryingmom203

Asked by tryingmom203 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• You are sure they are pimples right and not a rash. If it's pimples maybe go to a dermatologist or find some home remedies online.

Anonymous

• ....but if he's not complaing about it don't make a big deal about it .
    Anonymous

• Are you sure it's pimples? It could be the chicken pox or the measles.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Pimples. Take him to the doctor to treat him for acne. It is psychologically difficult to deal with bad skin as a teenager. My mother helped me with it and I will always be greatful. There are many things available to control it and get rid of it. See a dermatologist if you can. Sounds like he could use a specialist. If you have to be treated by a primary, ask for a referral if you don't see the results you want. I would be proactive as his mother, rather than waiting for him to complain. Acne scars and the longer you wait on it, the longer it will take to get it under control and prevent that scarring. Of course, ask him how he feels about it and along the way if he is happy with the look of his skin.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• puberty
    Anonymous

• If it is not a rash, it is likely plain old acne. My BF still sometimes gets a breakout on back, or even chest. Boys are often clueless about skin care and typically only wash their faces/bodies with soap, so the first step is to teach him how to care for his skin. If you can afford a dermatologist, go that route. I had acne at one point and was put on tricycline antibiotics for 3 months. This was years ago and I have never had a breakout since.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 7:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2008