Do I have to change schools?

Got a new place right up the street. Was living with my parents since my divorce. Do I have to move my son to the new elementary school (same district) immediately? Or am I allowed to let him finish out the year at his school before switching him to the new one? Anyone have experience with this?

LazyMistake

Asked by LazyMistake at 8:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in

• With it being this early in the school year, I would say yes, change schools. But you may be able to talk to them and be able to finish out this particular reporting period, or even the rest of the semester before they require you to change his school. Just talk to both schools and see what they say.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• call the school and find out the rules
    RenoMama

Answer by RenoMama at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The only way you will know is to call the school and ask.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i dont see why you cant let him finish the year and if you want your child to continue to go there next year and since its not too far out of the district you might want to ask the district if you can apply to have him go there again next year..... in april we moved across town but let our daughter finish kindergarten at her old school i had to drive her back and forth because the bus co. wont bus kids out of the district but since i was already doing that it didnt bother me. i saw no need to move her out of the school she was used to
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Find out if there's a law about it and go from there. Also, speak with his current school about it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

Next question in
Which one??

Next question overall (Religious Debate)
Would it be bullying?