Ho do you gather statisitics on a particular subject or any subject?

I just need to know where to find stats or how to arrive at stats. Anyone know?

lacyjones

Asked by lacyjones at 9:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• What subject or topic are you looking for?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• LOL...sorry girls...I will learn to proof my not so perfect typing...thats suppose to say" HOW " not "HO" ...LOL! Sorry again!
    lacyjones

Comment by lacyjones (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Its not the "topic" im looking for ...any topic...I just need to know HOW to arrive at a stats. You pick a subject/topic and tell me where you found the stats for it . I knew someone would ask that question....The topic isnt the subject matter in this question...its Statistics. PLEASE.
    lacyjones

Comment by lacyjones (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• " I knew someone would ask that question....The topic isnt the subject matter in this question...its Statistics. PLEASE."

Not sure if you are tying to be a smartass or what. But in case you're not I will answer. The subject or topic would determine where you find the statistics at. For example, if I wanted to find the statistics of race in my area, then I would check the statistic data from the Census. Most demographics can be find on the Census. If I want to find out the statistics on divorce then I could check the CDC. If I want a statistic on something but not sure how to find it, then I would type in statistic on ________. From there I would check all the .gov and .org and review how accurate they are and go from there.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I goggle everything. You can find so much info that way. I even goggle full questions.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't know, that why I bump you. Hopefully someone will have the answer your looking for. Good Luck
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 9:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Depending on what you're looking for a number of government stats are available online. Stats are determined by the gathering of information through things like surveys, the census, employment records, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010