If you had "Fur Kids" before you had children, do you feel the same way about them after children?

I am talking about pets that were your "babies", I still really, really love my pets but now that I have a child I do feel differently about them.

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pets

• No, our pets are part of the family, and it's awesome to see my small children showing their love and admiration towards animals. It's not any different for us, just more for them to play with!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope. Still feel the same about them.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 9:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope. They were a part of the family just ike before. However, once they passed, we waited a few years before bringing in any more additions to the family. We now have a seven month old boxer, a seven month old kitten, and a five month old kitten.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope, Granted all of the one I had before my daughter was born have all passed now. My last on just passed this summer very heartbreaking. But anyway, my feelings never changed I always considered them my "kids" before I had my daughter and to this day I still consider them my "first children." They had been apart of my life since for most of my childhood on into my marriage. They were my family and that will never change no matter who I love in the future. The pets I have now are special to me in a differant way then the ones before them but they are still my family.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would love to say "Nope, it's the same" like all the above people. I have two fur kids that I thought no matter how many human kids I had, I would still have the same relationship with. I hate to say this but I have to be honest, my human kids do take precedence regarding time and attention over my fur kids. I still love and adore my fur kids, it's just not the same.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love my pets just as much now as I did before.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You still love them but your priorities just change.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010