what do you have time for?

I just recently joined the "stay at home mom" club. I keep my house clean, all the laundry done, make sure I have plenty of time for my kids, to read and play etc. Dinner is on the table eveynight and so on. I read, do crafts pretty much anything I want. When I ask some other moms, what kinds of things do you do, I get the answer of " I don't have time for that" Is there something I'm missing? Should I not have time to do things I want either?

cmorbeauty

Asked by cmorbeauty at 9:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• when i was a stay-at-home mom, i remember having time ( when the kids were2-5 - before school age) for doing needlework, reading, watching tv, talking on the phone - i used to do my visiting with my neighbors when we were outdoors with the kids - make time for yourself during the day - - when you are sure your children are safe and you know where they are - if you must let something go in the house, let it go - a happy wife is a happy life - i'm sure your husband would rather come home to a happy, rested wife than a tired-out one ready to crash as soon as she gets the kids to bed,......
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Before any of my kids started school I did not have any time to do stuff for me until they were in bed. I have three kids plus a nephew I watch, and have watched since he was 6 weeks old.But once they started getting older I have had more and more time to do stuff I want to do.
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 9:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have a window of from about 8am - 2pm that I can do whatever I want with. I can clean, shop, watch tv etc. But as soon as I go pick up the kids my day is not my own anymore. Homework with all 3, plus classes, plus making dinner takes up every minute of the afternoon. By their 8pm bedtime I am literally exhausted.
    But to answer your question, you're not doing anything wrong. There is plenty of time to keep the house extremely well maintained, family cared for, and still have time to do what you enjoy.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have a lot more time to do things that I want to now that my kids are in school. However, when they were still at home, the only time I had to myself to do things like that (housework not included) was after they were in bed and asleep.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• how many kids do you have?
    i have 5 kids, with only 2 in school.
    i make it to gym a few days a week, and do a bit of work for dh's business.
    we have a hot breakfast and dinner every day, and often a hot lunch too. my cooking is from scratch and i don't use a microwave.
    i can not keep up with the laundry or housework.
    i don't know how you do it!!!!
    good job mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010