Does peeing after intercourse decrease the chance of conceiving??

and does elevating your hips after intercourse increase conception chances?? Give me helpful info and tips on conceiving! TIA!

SuperM0mmy

Asked by SuperM0mmy at 9:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No, peeing doesn't decrease chances, lol. BIG MYTH.
    However, yes, elevating your hips (way up) increases because of gravity. Your hips go up, the little swimmers go faster towards your eggs :D
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Uh no...but it is actually a good practice. It cleans the area and can keep away infection. As far as conception...those little guys are already swimming up that canal! LOL You may get some of "it" out from peeing but not all of it!
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 9:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Haha I like how you put that, the little swimmers. Lol. I agree though that peeing does NOT decrease your chances....trust me, I have a son now! Lol but also if you don't pee after, you have a bigger risk of getting a yeast or bacterial infection.
    JacksonsMommyx3

Answer by JacksonsMommyx3 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Pee comes from your urethra and semen comes from the vagina, how is that possible? I don't mean this disrespectfully, by all means, but if you are trying to concieve, make sure you know how your body works before hand. Good Luck!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Peeing after sex doesn't decrease your chances of getting pregnant, but it will help to decrease your chances of getting a UTI and such. Good luck on TTC!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I know that there are two different canals, but (TMI) when I pee after it seems like it all comes out. Even before I get up to pee the semen is "leaking" out. Its really disgusting but its hard to believe any semen is staying in there long enough to "swim"
    SuperM0mmy

Comment by SuperM0mmy (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• what comes out is semen..not swimmwers..the semen is stuff that helps the swimmers to travel but they should be well on their way to their destination
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yep, semen comes down, sperm goes up! :)
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 9:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• oh I didn't know that! lol thanks ladies for the helpful info! :)
    SuperM0mmy

Comment by SuperM0mmy (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Won't decrease the chance of conception, but will decrease the chances of a UTI as will urinating before sex. So by all means go if you have to.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010