Does any one know about home schooling rules or crap u have to go through because of state rules???

I am jumping through alot of hoops because of new york state, and home schooling. I am so sick and tired of it...please shed some light on this subject for me. Does it get any easier dealing with bullshit schoolsystem? Its so not fair and quite one sided, its kind of bigotry...just becuse we r different...which actually we r more of the latest norm. ALOT of home schoolers out there.

momson666

Asked by momson666 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• ya its wasnt that bigga deal for me. Basically just had to show the District what the kid had been taught during the year and she would tell us what she expected to see, so thats basically what we showed her.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• In NY state you just send a letter to the school superintendant (i believe) stating your intent to homeschool, then check out the grade and course of study requirements, you can buy the learning programs or use online homeschooling sites to make your teaching plan. You are required to do a certain number of hours a day and a certain number of days. And your child may have to take end of year exams at home or at a local school at the end of the year.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well what state r u from??? I would love to move there. new york SUCKS
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• In Arkansas all you have to do is fill out an intent to homeschool form, and take your kid to a yearly test in grades 3-8.
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 9:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm in NY state, in fact i'm a mod on the NY group, you're on there, lol with the I hate NY post.

It's relatively easy to homeschool as long as you actualy make sure you can keep yourself and your child focused for "school hours" and not let them goof off. There is a wonderful group here on cafemom called Homeschooling 101
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• WV has one of the most relaxed laws on homeschooling. You just have to pull your kid out and submit all the work at the end of year. You are not required to test them every year. I think that some laws are too relaxed. In order to make sure children are getting the best education possible, I think parents should be required to submit lesson plans, testing,etc. We are lagging behind other developed countries. I wish we would also do away with standardized testing! As a teacher I hate those tests.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010