Missing alot of days of school

My neighbor got mad at me this morning. She came over to tell me that her son was not going to school again because "he sounds like he's getting a cold". I told her she has to watch it because the school has a policy of when a child is absent more than 10 days per semester,they call you in for a meeting. 2 weeks back she had him home 3 days for a cold. I told her to give him meds and send him. No fever means he can be in his 2 hr 4K program. Do you keep your kid home for sniffles and a dry cough? I'm willing to bet he'll miss tomorrow too bringing his total up to 5 days absent already in 5 weeks of school.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids go to school unless they are throwing up or have a fever. Kids always have sniffles during the winter, if I kept them home every time they had a little cold they would never be there. Neither of my older kids has ever missed more than a day of school during a given school year, except for my oldest who broke his leg and had to miss a week.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree with Scuba.. they are only home for a fever or throwing up.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010