What's the best all time cookbook?

I'm moving overseas and need to purchase one or two cookbooks to take with me. Something you can't do with out.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The best ones are the compilations put together and sold for $10 by local organizations and churches :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 10:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Fannie Farmer and the Joy of Cooking. Not only are there wonderful "old school" recipes, there are so many cooking techniques taught in there that you can come up with new recipes as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love the Better Homes and Gardens books. Or Betty Crocker.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Cooking Light and Joy of Cooking
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The Joy of Cooking is like the bible for cooking.

I have an old old betty crocker cook book that i love...it's like a scaled down version of Joy.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love my Joy of Cooking book and my Taste of Home Cookbook :-)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• In my opinion, I think the cookbooks that are sold by the ladies of churches are the best ones.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I like Betty Crocker's cookbook and those like it. It teaches basics of cooking, shopping for produce, etc.....I learned how to cook using this book.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My all time favorite (adding to this that my hubby is a chef and we have well over 100 cookbooks! lol takes up a lot of space lol) -hands down favorite is the "Wine Lovers Cookbook". Not only does it give the most amazing, easy yet impressive recipes, but it also breaks down a good 20 or so varietals of wine, where they come from, what the taste like, how to drink them, what to pair them with, and recipes to go with. The guy that wrote the cook book gives little anecdotes about his life and why he has such a passion for food. Its a really cool cookbook. Would recommend it not only for the amazing recipes, but also for the wine and food education it provides!
    Another would be Julia Childs 1st cookbook, Mastering the Art of French cooking. If you are moving oerseas it gives you an idea of how others outside of the US vary in their pallets from our own. And since it was written in the 50's it lays the info out clearly! :)
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 1:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• bumping you
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010