What is your opinion on abortion? (Please try to keep it friendly) adult content

Should it be legal, illegal? Have you had one? Do you regret it? I'm sure there will be drama, but please, we're all adults here, aren't we?

akyoungmommy

Asked by akyoungmommy at 10:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Stirring the pot, huh?

I think it's wrong. I'd never do it. I can't tell others what to do... but I wouldn't do it.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I believe it is wrong. It is the taking of a life, and an innocent life at that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have had 2 abortions, and I do not regret them. I feel that abortion should be legal in all cases during the first trimester, after that, only if the mothers life is in danger or if the baby has genetic disorders, or untreatable problems. I also don't think that there should be any parental consent laws. Those laws don't establish good communication where there is none. I am truly pro-choice, not pro-abortion. I believe that adoption and parenting are great choices, but abortion is also a woman's choice, and should remain one.
    akyoungmommy

Comment by akyoungmommy (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's a legal medical decision to be made by a Dr. & a patient.

My uterus, my decision

your uterus, your decision

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think the morning after pill is okay for woman who have been raped. Otherwise, I do not think people should be able to get rid of their babies. The only possible way I think abortion would be okay, was if there was something seriously wrong with the baby and it would not be able to survive outside the womb. It should be based on the individual, not a "one size fits all" law. I have no experience with abortion, so I don't really know how I would feel in the situation.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I totally 100% disagree with abortion.. I wouldn't get one under any circumstance..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• akyoungmommy- Can you tell us why you decided to abort? Not attacking, just trying to understand what situation would make you choose that. Trying to be sympathetic.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• . I am truly pro-choice, not pro-abortion. I believe that adoption and parenting are great choices, but abortion is also a woman's choice, and should remain one.

I agree

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The first time, I was 13, and my uncle was the father. He raped me, and did go to jail, but I did not want to have a baby at 13, and certainly not one that had a 90% chance of having severe problems, since it was the result of incest. My second abortion I had 2 weeks before my 17th birthday. My boyfriend of a year had gotten high off some drugs his brother gave him, and he ignored me when I said no to sex.
    akyoungmommy

Comment by akyoungmommy (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I also don't think that there should be any parental consent laws.

So, who can I sue when my daughter who is allergic to pain meds dies because the worthless idiot that gives her the abortion didn't know her medical history? Hopefully, my daughter will have more respect for herself, than to get herself in that situation and if she does get into that hopefully, she will have enough respect for me and act like an adult and tell me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010